October 1, 2013 4 Comments
The show ticked 13 out of 24 of the squares on Bad Sex Media Bingo, notably:
- Porn rewires your brain
- Sex science = brain scans and labcoats
- All porn is bad (or good) – 1970s and 80s porn was presented as entirely fun and lighthearted, and current internet porn as all dangerous and bad
- Sex addiction is real
- Complex topic oversimplified
- Kink! Is weird, strange or dangerous – lots of referring to anything other than images of naked women as not NORMAL
- ‘Sex ed not good enough’: complaining not doing
- Zomg! Teens! Internet! Sexualization! STI rates!
Click on the links to read more about why each of these is a problem, and what would be better for future shows of this kind.
There is an article about the show, and the research included in it, here: